Here at St. John’s, we not only celebrate God’s gracious gifts to us, but we also seek, as followers of Christ, to continue Christ’s ministry of love and care. Here are some of our regularly supported missions and ministries:
- Members and friends of St. John’s visit residents of local nursing homes and the Emmaus Homes.
- On a weekly basis, our church gathers food items and clothing to be distributed by FISH of St. Charles County, a local food pantry.
- We provide “Gift of the Heart” Health Kits, School Packs, and other mission kits for the Festival of Sharing, a state-wide ecumenical mission effort.
- We collect blankets (and funds for blankets) to be distributed in Missouri, nationally, and around the world by Church World Service.
- We collect hats and gloves for children and adults, and distribute them locally.
- During the Christmas season we “adopt” local families, and strive to share the love of Christ with them by providing Christmas presents that meet needs and fulfill wishes.
- We provide what we see as important meeting space for AA groups, local scouting groups, and other community organizations.
- We financially support the mission and ministry of our United Church of Christ, regionally, nationally, and worldwide.